Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A big heaping post

Opening
-We're almost at the half-way point of my music countdown, which means I'm bored of it. I'll get my second wind later. (I know no one cares or reads this anyway) Just for the record, #32 is An Honest Mistake by The Bravery.

- The last few times I've opened an AOL journal there were no ads at the top. If I decide to go back there, I will let you know. *crickets*

TV
- Am I the only one that is going to be pissed if FOX doesn't offer some kind of resolution for the newly-canceled Reunion? Yes, it had its flaws, but it was not worse than any of the usual crapfest FOX serves up. And I liked it. It should be allowed to finish out the season just for the sake of the premise, which was ingenius (on paper).

- And from the normally un-retarded monkeys at CBS we get the news that Threshold is also getting the boot. I've heard complaints that the show was too "episodic". That is total crap in my book. That's actually what I liked about it. I missed an episode and still knew what was going on the next week. Does every sci-fi show have to have some grand, nerdy mythology in order to be successful? Give Threshold a chance, CBS! It's certainly better than the utterly boring Invasion.

- Also, ABC canceled Hot Properties which I have not seen. I do feel bad for Nicole Sullivan, though. Maybe she can get her Arthur-walking job back in Queens.

MUSIC
- Here's a weird tidbit: My hatred of Green Day's politics has not only made me dislike anything off of American Idiot, but I also now dislike their old songs that I used to love. How does that work? I'm weird, right?

- If I like every White Stripes song I've ever heard, how come I never think of them when I'm naming my favorite bands? Actually, I should amend that statement since their cover of Tegan & Sara's Walking With a Ghost blows.

Wrestling
- I sure hope the WWE noticed what happened last night. Their beloved monkey-boy champion John Cena almost got booed out of the building. That's right- I'm not the only one out there who loves Kurt Angle and wants to see a real wrestler hold the title. I am getting really tired of every Cena segment ending with him looking pissed and struggling to get up because he just got beat down. Unless of course, it ends by him getting beaten for twenty minutes until he hits the two moves he knows and wins out of nowhere. No Cena segment has ever ended differently- you know when you see him that one of those two things is going to happen and it's getting really old. Last night's crowd knew it. I was even rooting for the frickin' Masterpiece to win at one point. It would be different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home