Tuesday, November 22, 2005

The Best of 2005- #39

My 39th favorite song of the year is Catch My Disease by Ben Lee. This song will remind me for a while of my old boss. No, he didn't have a disease. (In fact, this song isn't even about a disease except maybe the disease of happiness- it's actually upbeat.) Anyway, the radio stations in Utica suck so I used to burn a whole bunch of songs that I heard on Sirius or elsewhere and bring them in to play on our CD player. Well, my boss loved this song. He borrowed the CD and copied it. And that's when I felt like I was doing some good in the world- exposing indie artists to those who would not have otherwise heard them. I also think I heard this song on a movie trailer- that 'Reese Witherspoon is a ghost' one.

You can watch the video here: Ben Lee :Awake Is the New Sleep :'Catch My Disease' Or you can watch it commercial-free at Ben-lee.com

Ben Lee // Awake is the New Sleep Ben also keeps a blog there, which is cool. People with blogs are cool. Remember that.

Name: Ben Lee

Album: Awake is the New Sleep

Hometown: Sydney, Australia

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home